Caron is approved to provide counselling services for short term, crisis intervention counselling in circumstances where no other services are available or accessible.
FNHA Health Benefits offers health-related goods and services to any First Nations person who:
- has a Canadian “Indian Status” number
- is a resident of British Columbia (as defined by BC’s Medical Service Plan) and having active Medical Service Plan coverage
- is off reserve
- is not covered under any other benefits provided by the Federal Government or First Nations organization through self-government or land claims agreements.
- receives prior approval (Caron will submit the prior approval form on your behalf)
- INCLUDED are Crisis Intervention Mental Health Program and the Indian Residential School Resolution Health Support Program (IRS-RHSP)
- Individual Counselling
- Family Counselling
- Healing from Indian Residential School (IRS) experiences
- Former IRS student
- Family members of former IRS students (spouse/partner, those raised by or raised in household of IRS student) and any relations who have experienced effects of intergenerational trauma associated with an eligible family member’s time at an IRS
- Up to 20 one-hour sessions per Prior Approval Form may be covered over a 12-month period
- NOT included are anger management, psycho-educational testing, chronic issues, therapy for sexually offending behaviour, and life skills counselling.
Please call Caron at 1-250-885-1610 or contact her here.
Together we can request approval and set up an appointment to see if Caron is a good fit for you.